Student Health Cover

Student Health Cover


As an international student in Australia (other countries as well), you are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire duration of your study. International students undertaking formal studies in Australia, and their dependents (for example, spouses and children under 18 years old), must obtain OSHC. It includes cover for visits to the doctor, some hospital treatment, ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals (medicines).

OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) is health insurance designed to help you pay for medical & hospital treatment in case you get sick or have an accident while living and studying in Australia. You MUST have OSHC to apply for your student visa and it’s a condition of your visa that you are covered for the whole time you are studying in Australia under a student visa. OSHC insurers can provide a range of different OSHC products. These may range from a basic product which covers only the compulsory minimum services to comprehensive products which cover, in addition to the compulsory minimum services, extra services as specified under the particular policy.

Before you can even apply for your Australian Student visa, you will need to arrange some Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) to help you pay for hospital and medical costs while you are here.

Australian Health Management:

Australian Health Management (ahm) has been providing health insurance in Australia for more than 40 years. We have over 360,000 satisfied members including Australian residents and overseas students, like you. By choosing ahm OSHC you'll receive great value cover for most of your medical, hospital, ambulance and medication needs. You can claim online or over the phone and get a super-fast benefit payment, usually within 2 working days.

CAAN World Consultants is authorized agency with Australian Health Management (ahm) OSHC. Choose best OSHC that suits your requirements.