Why study in New Zealand
Every new day in the world begins in New Zealand. Light and time start here. Youthful in age and outlook, New Zealand is the natural home for fresh ideas. Come catch some new light. It is a small and distant destination, it is a unique country which has a lot of things to make your study experience really wonderful.
It is an amazing, stunning, un-spoilt, un-crowded and breathtaking country. Despite its small size, you'll find a whole world with every type of landscape, scenery, activity, lifestyle and culture that you can imagine.
While similar in size to the United Kingdom, Japan or California, New Zealand, with its North and South islands, only has a population of 4.2 million, so it's easy to get away from the crowds.
New Zealand has developed a European culture, as well as embracing the rich and historic cultural elements from the Maori and Pacific Island heritages and the rapidly growing multi-cultural Asian communities. New Zealanders, or 'kiwis' as they are often known, are very well educated, very well travelled, and have developed a 'can do' philosophy with a keen sense of adventure, inventiveness and fun.
New Zealanders have an international reputation and recognition for excelling in many areas, including the arts, science, sport, technology, business and manufacturing, New Zealanders believe they can do anything, love the challenge to prove it, and usually do.
If you're wondering whether New Zealand is the right place to study for you, we outline some of the main reasons why the international student population in New Zealand has grown rapidly in recent years.
Broad range of study and research opportunities
New Zealand gives students the chance to pursue a wide range of opportunities in study, work, recreation and culture. Although all the universities offer core degrees in the arts, business and science, each also has its own distinctive profile.
A high quality learning experience
The New Zealand university system is research-based, as it is historically based on the British higher education model. This means there are a number of similarities between the 2 systems, such as the names of qualifications, teaching methods, and the look and feel of the university campuses.
A welcoming Destination
International students are welcomed by New Zealand society, both for the cultural diversity they bring and their contribution to the economy.
They are gladly received into New Zealand homes and student social networks. New Zealanders are well travelled, with a great interest in people from other cultures, so visitors and international students soon feel more than welcome.
Campuses are highly international, with students from all corners of the globe studying and socializing together. Students come from Europe, South East Asia, the UK, North Asia, Japan, South America, India, and Australia, amongst many others.
The country has a comparatively low cost of living, abundant fresh food at reasonable prices and a wide variety of student accommodation options.Transport is also moderately priced, affording easy access to rivers, mountains, lakes, forests and beaches and the recreational opportunities they provide.
New Zealand is renowned for its natural beauty and its adventure activities, and all this is readily accessible from all eight universities in the country.
Other Reasons for studying in New Zealand include:
- New Zealanders are famed for their friendliness, hospitality and warmth to overseas visitors, and enjoy meeting folk from other cultures
- You can expect a high standard of living conditions
- Secondary and tertiary education in New Zealand offers an attractive and stimulating academic environment. The institutions are diverse in size and location, and offer a wide range of general and specialist courses
- The quality of a New Zealand tertiary education is well-recognised internationally
- Many New Zealand graduates go on to postgraduate study in other countries, prior to taking up careers overseas or in New Zealand
- New Zealand offers a safe and stable democratic political environment
- A great variety of recreational and cultural experiences are available in a country renowned for its natural rugged beauty, yet without any dangerous animals
- Living and tuition costs compare well with other countries
- Travel to New Zealand is easy, with direct flights from most major cities
So what are you waiting for ?
Come to New Zealand for the educational experience of a lifetime ! We at CAAN World are always ready to help YOU