457 VISA: Your route to Australian PR
The quickest method of getting a job and living in Australia is the 457 Visa – a temporary entry visa that last upto four years. This visa is also an alternative entry path to standard visa such as the 175 or 176 visa. It is also possible to convert a 457 visa into a permanent residency visa.
The subclass 457 visa allows businesses to employ overseas workers for up to 4 years in skilled occupations only.
Subclass 457 visa holders can:
- work in Australia for a period of between one day and 4 years
- bring any eligible dependants with them to Australia — dependants can work and study
- after entering Australia, have no limit on the number of times they can travel in and out of Australia.
At the time of lodgement of visa applicatuon, you can be in or outside Australia.
As process, the 457 visa application consists of three stage
- SBS ( Standard Business Sponsorship ) - The employer applies for approval as a standard business sponsor. This is required to nominate an occupation for a subclass 457 visa.
- Nomination - The employer nominates an occupation for a prospective or existing subclass 457 visa holder.
- Visa application The person nominated to work in the nominated occupation applies for the subclass 457 visa. This is the final step to obtaining a subclass 457 visa.
A major advantage of the 457 is that the process is usually completed within six to eight weeks, providing all documents are submitted on time and completed correctly. It’s is a great way of gaining employment and entering Australia quickly.
The Australian government has a flexible policy towards the 457, provided that candidates meet the necessary criteria, and is actively encouraging skilled workers and employers to take up this route of entry in order to meet the continuing skills shortage.
The 457 visa is ideal for workers who may have plenty of experience but no formal qualifications. It is perfect, for example, for bakers, and many others who may have been trained on the job in small or family-run businesses. The 457 visa covers all the occupations on the current ‘occupation in-demand’ list. However, the government recognizes that there are jobs that do not fall within this list and has made allowances, so the 457 includes a range of additional occupations. This is especially suitable for highly individual or specialized skills that may be needed by an Australian employer.
For those interested in Australian Migration the sponsorship and visa criteria are pretty straightforward. The government must be satisfied that: (1) the candidate has the required skills and experience – documentation is required; (2) the employer is legitimate and can meet basic salary requirements (3) the candidate must undergo a basic medical test. There is no formal skills assessment and there are no police checks on the candidate.
457 visa holders are allowed to bring any eligible dependants with them to Australia. These dependants can work and study during their stay in Australia.
If you’re interested in Australian Migration, if you have the skills, the ambition and the ability to adapt – then AUSTRALIA have a job, a lifestyle and a home for you. With opportunities to suit everyone, it’s the perfect time to start looking at your current life and prospects – and compare it to what is possible in Australia.
We are CAAN World are always happy to support your 457 Visa application.
Just Drop your complete CV at email@example.com